So first to begin- I promise I am going to get back in the swing of things and start blogging again. When we got home from the World’s Longest Yard Sale, we played catch up and have been finishing Tweety. I will be rejoicing the day we finally get to go camping! Pics to come soon! So, life is getting back to normal (whatever that is) and I will be back blogging daily soon.
I was thinking about my favorite things and thought I would share. Some of them are new and some are just things that make me happy! Maybe this will become a weekly thing. It is good to think about what makes you happy and incorporate those things into your daily life. So here it is :
1. Noosa Yogurt- I just saw this at Kroger last week and decided to try some. I was sooooo impressed- really I can’t get enough! It is so good and perfect with fruit and granola for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Love the Blueberry one too! It can be found in the organic section.
2. Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer- It is tinted so looks great on and is 100% Natural. Plus, it gives your lips that cool tingly feeling. I have it in a Berry and Cherry. (Berry is my favorite)
3. Essie nailpolish in Turquoise and Caicos. I had never used Essie and was always loyal to OPI but I think I may be switching! They have some great colors and I think it stays on as well as OPI.
4. San Pellegrino sodas in Blood Orange, Lemon, Orange & Grapefruit. These are the perfect refreshing soda made with real fruit juice and real sugar! I like to add fresh mint leaves to mine. I went to 3 different stores looking for these and found that they are in the water section- under the San Pellegrino water. Aren’t the cans pretty! Great addition to a summer party.
5. Black-Eyed Susan flowers in blue Mason Jars- I just love the look of these! My mom and grandmother have them planted everywhere. They take off and spread like crazy! My sister-in-law and I have already planned that we are planting a big bed of them next year. They just make us happy!
6. Homegrown Tomatoes- I think our crop came in late because of the weather and the mocking birds kept eating them but when they really started there has been no stopping them. I have at least a 100 in my kitchen waiting to be canned. Never canned tomatoes but it is on the list- I think for tonight! Any tips???
7. The Lumineers: An awesome new band that has been on tour with Old Crow Medicine Show. (Unfortunately, they didn’t open for their Nashville show.) They played their own show last night in Nashville but it was sold out. Check them out! Listen to their album on their site here. Totally love their sound!
(Also, If you haven’t been to a show yet at the Fontanel, you must! It is the best new venue in Nashville!)
That’s it for today! Hope everyone is feeling super blessed!
The joy of the Lord is your strength! ~ Nehemiah 8:10